Get Involved with Tea Party Scottsdale
We must now work harder than ever to promote Constitutional Conservative policies - Constitutionally Limited Government, Fiscal Responsibility and Free Trade.
No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.
If you are considering giving time to Tea Party Scottsdale, below are some areas we’re always looking for help. If any of these opportunities are of interest to you, please send us a message at President@TeaPartyScottsdale.com.
- Welcoming Committee
- Greet people as they come to our events, get new attendees integrated into our email and let them know about the involvement/volunteer opportunities like the ones below.
- Helping to Collaborate with Tea Party Patriots
- Each week there is a leadership call with action items we can help on be sure to coordinate so we get that information our to our database the next day (*This will be extremely important going into the Senate elections of 2018!)
- Media Interface
- As we do outreach to the inner-city (homeless outreach; cleaning up our sponsored roadway strip in Scottsdale (Adopt-a-Road); collaboration with other groups; etc.) and if the local news outlets are looking for a statement on a recent news ruling around politics, you help to develop those relationships.
- Organizing with other Conservative Groups in Arizona
- United we stand, divided we fall. There are many conservatives groups around the city, state and nation. Going into elections we would be much more effective all working from the same battle plan. Coordinating and/or getting input from the Republican Party of Arizona would be worthwhile depending on the issue and/or candidate.
- Organizing Districts/Precinct Committeemen/Committeewomen
- The more Precinct Committeemen/Committeewomen signed up to participate in the direction of the political party makes the party more a party of the people, as the founders intended.
- Candidate Development
- Have an interest in political office or know somebody that does? If a match with the value system we espouse we may give time at our general meetings to introduce new candidates and perhaps even endorse them going into primaries and then the general elections.
- Issues That We Want to Address
- The national organization of Tea Party Patriots does an outstanding job of setting the agenda on the national stage. However, we have local issues that need to be addressed as well. Individuals can form committees that focus on certain issues and report back in board meetings which may lead to inclusion in our general meetings, our website and/or email distributions.
- Social Event Ideas and Coordination Beyond the Board and General Meetings
- If you’re a fun kind of person that likes organizing parties, looking at different fun venues, and/or fundraising, this is a great role for you. The vision for Tea Party Scottsdale is to put the “PARTY” in Tea Party! It’s a great way to connect with people of the same value system. You never know what could come of it.
- This could include diverse efforts, such as handing out flyers on hikes, attending networking events, inner city and homeless outreach in conjunction HUD, private business and local government, etc.
- Event Speakers
- Get to know more of the movers and shakers in our state by helping to line up speakers from one month to the next.
- Keeping an Eye on What our Political Opposition Is Up To
- The Left is 50-100 years ahead of conservatives from an organization and activism standpoint. We need to know what they’re doing and perhaps even learn from them. There are websites we’d provide for you to keep an eye on.
- Registering People to Vote
- Churches, Temples, hike clubs… wherever we can get traction with leadership, let's make an effort to get people registered to vote before the elections of 2018!